Sporting Schools Program
Sporting Schools is a $160 million Australian Government initiative designed to help schools to increase children’s participation in sport, and to connect children with community sport. The program is completely free for all children.
Sporting Schools aims to:
• provide quality organised sporting experiences;
• connect 860,000 children with NSO endorsed sporting opportunities;
• increase children’s participation in sport;
• nurture children’s lifelong love of sport; and
• create stronger links between children and local sporting clubs.
At Frankston Heights Primary School we run this program as an after-school activity and each term a different sport is chosen for the students to get involved in.
In 2016 we ran athletics, AFL and soccer programs throughout the year. All sessions are conducted by qualified coaches and students are fully supervised.