ENRICHMENT EXTENSION PROGRAM @ FHPS
Frankston Heights Primary School provides an enrichment and extension program for senior students in Grade 5 and 6. This program aims to compliment all other curriculum programs with in the school. It provides diverse extension and enrichment activities for both individuals and groups, developing new skills, expanding interests, developing self-awareness, esteem and confidence. It allows students to explore other learning experiences.
- To develop higher order thinking and creative thinking skills.
- Provide diverse learning experiences.
- Develop individual talents, skills, confidence and esteem.
- Develop a strong sense of individual and group achievement.
This program will run Wednesday afternoons from 2.40-3.30pm.
TIME ALLOCATION FOR STUDENTS IN PROGRAMS
Time allocation for students in programs will be dependent on the program and this will be negotiated with teachers.
- Programs will run for a semester.
- RACV Energy Break through students will be required to stay in program throughout the year.
- Some students may opt to stay in the same Program throughout the year, for example (If a passionate art student prefers to stay in ARTS Program for two semesters, this will be granted depending on how well they have applied themselves and then negotiated with the teacher.)
- If there are any circumstances where a student may require a possible change mid semester, this must be negotiated with Assistant Principal.
There will be a variety of programs on offer throughout the school year. The teachers leading these sessions have devised programs that will provide a very rich learning environment.
These programs include…
- The Arts (visual and performance)
- Digital Technologies (coding and design),
- Media Arts and Technology
- Environmental Studies and Humanities (RACV Energy Breakthrough)
- Visual Arts / Design and Technology (wood work)
ABOUT THE PROGRAMS:
This is aimed at students who want to see what Archery is all about. Students will receive a safety briefing, and will be shown the rudimentary skills necessary to shoot a bow and arrow. Students will be supervised at all times under the control of a Teacher Instructor.
RACV ENERGY BREAKTHROUGH
This is an exciting program designed to provide opportunities for students, teachers, parents and local industry to work together to design and construct a vehicle, machine or innovative technology that will represent an ‘energy breakthrough’.
Using computers, students will develop new skills to code, design and play their own computer games. Students will also have the opportunity to learn 3D CAD program design skills to help with problem solving and eventually print 3D models, learning across both areas of digital technologies and design technologies.
Exploring Dance and Production Work, students work as a team to produce a performance drawing on many aspects of dance, movement and music.
VISUAL ARTS AND DESIGN
The woodworking unit begins with simple tools and tasks. It will be an engaging program for senior students providing children with hands-on wood working skills and tactile experience beyond the regular art room.
MEDIA ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY
In the media unit, students have used iPads to develop their film-making and editing skills, making promotional videos and showcasing them throughout the school.