(Science Technology Engineering Maths)
Schools with an eye for the future know where the jobs of the future will be. At Frankston Heights, we recognise the important role STEM plays now and will continue to play in the future. We cater for this by…
- Providing coding opportunities for all students from prep to grade 6. All students use a variety of tools such as Code.org or Scratch to complete a range of tasks from simply moving an object around the screen to create their own amazing games.
- Regularly upskilling teachers in new initiatives to allow them to create engaging classroom activities. Recently teachers have focussed on computational thinking, robotics and coding.
- Having a dedicated Learning Specialist to work with teachers across the school, planning, designing, implementing and evaluating STEM curriculum.
- Offering Enrichment subject in Coding (game making) and MakerSpace (construction and design) to foster creativity and individual talents.
- Having resources available for students such as MakeyMakey electronic kits, programmable robots, all computers with coding software and also a 3D printer.
- Using the SAMR model in the classroom, planning transformative activities that redefine student learning. We believe in engaging learning that uses technology to it’s full potential, previously inconceivable using traditional teaching methods.